Thursday, December 9, 2010

Lilith... What a Mystery.

In my endeavors through the Bible I thought it might be a smart decision to jump around in my readings. With a little help from my friend Year One I developed an interest in the character of Lilith. All of my research told that she was me that she was mentioned in Isaiah 34, however her name is never mentioned. Aside form that I became more interested in the belief that she is in the category of female demons. There are many different theories as what type of person Lilith was. In many translations she was referenced as animals. "And thorns shall come up in her palaces, nettles and brambles in the fortlesses thereof: and it shall be a habitation of dragons, and a court for owls. The wild beasts of the desert shall also meet with wild beast of the island..." (Isaiah 34: 13-14). The dark relation to the animals mentioned in this passage leads me to believe that she was not well looked upon by God and all of the other characters in the Bible. The always trusted Wikipedia stated that Lilith is in fact a succubus which is in the female demon category.

No comments:

Post a Comment