Thursday, December 9, 2010

Interview with a Bible Thumper

Over the duration of this course I've had the opportunity to sit and talk with many people about certain parts of the Bible. The on that stuck out to me the most was when I was talking with a neighbor of mine who claims to be a devout Christian and although he is a holiday church goer only, he still claims to have read the Bible on numerous occasions.

The greatest part of the conversation came when the movie Pulp Fiction was brought up when he truly believed that the passage Ezekiel 25: 17 was really "path of the Righteous Brother." It was honestly as if had never even taken the time to even look it up on the internet  let alone one of the many Bible that infested his entire household. It was just shocking to see that someone who always boasting of God and his devotion to being a Christian have no literal understanding of the Bible or anything it states. I'm not religious, and that's probably what made this a better conversation. My parents were definitely the more religious. They made me undergo catholic confirmation when I was in high school but it is definitely safe to say that I do not believe in god. But that is what was able to make this conversation with my neighbor so much better. The fact that someone like me knew more about the Bible then someone who considers himself a devout follower of the Bible. Maybe next time he brush up on his studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment